Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Carmel-by-the-Sea

Having lived in San Diego, I thought I'd seen beaches. Nice with the beautiful view of the ocean. I seem to have forgotten that even better beaches do, in fact, exist. (Sorry, San Diego, oh and LA especially!). Josh said Carmel beach would be pretty but I underestimated his statement. As we drove down Ocean Ave towards the Pacific Ocean I suddenly realized why people think Carmel is sooooooooo special. I first noticed the ocean as it peaked through the tree-lined streets and bled into the sky. As we drove closer, the water became teal as it approached the beach. The sand is white-ish (I think it's imported) and there are beautiful hillsides that frame this mile-long beach. It is quite captivating. Oh and just above the beach is a sandy area that overlooks the water and would be PERFECT for a wedding! or our vow renewal in a couple of decades! What captured me even more was that this is an international tourist spot...i can't believe we live 30 minutes from it! Wow! Not only is the ocean soooo close but when you are just seconds inland it feels like you are up in the Colorado mountains. Huge Pine trees line the streets and highways! What a great combo-pack!

This was our first official beach day and I think Lincoln has dedicated himself to beach living. I could tell he loves the feel of the sand against his feet just like I do! He even loved it so much that he was dipping his animal crackers in it! MMMMMMM!

Here are some pictures of our adventure today:





1 comment:

Amanda said...

Did you get a tattoo?