Saturday, March 17, 2007

Actually, day 4


i had a visit with my mid-wife today. it was a good visit and we discussed some options. here it is: we looked over my records from my ultrasound in november and it said that lincoln was probably conceived 4 days later than we originally thought, therefore, we changed the due date to 3/13/07 instead of the ninth which would make me only 4 days overdue as of today the 17th. this is significant because at 2 weeks overdue i have to get a biophysical workup that costs around $300 to determine the health of my baby, placenta and amount of amniotic fluid, etc. so i don't have to worry about that until the end of this coming week or beginning of next week. can't afford $300 at this point. so she suggested i get accupuncture to help induce labor. it worked for her sister so i'm excited and it is much cheaper at $20-35 a visit. pray and hope that it works! she didn't check me internally but did say that my fundal height is 40 cm which most women never get to (fundal height is, essentially, the size of the belly). she also estimated lincoln's weight at 7 lbs. i feel more positive after this visit today. i was really getting drained feeling like there was nothing i could do. hopefully the accupuncture will work!!!!!!

No comments: